måndag 19 november 2012

Step Back In Time

I love vintage patterns. And I love knitting for my one-year-old niece. And this is the result.


The skirt should have been a little wider maybe, like the original pattern. But I was afraid that it would become too baggy and hard for her to move around in.


 The yarn is eco and handdyed cotton from Huskroken that I bought years ago. Knitted on 2 mm needles (US0). So yeah it took a while.


But it was well worth it.

She must have been the best dressed girl dancing – or perhaps not dancing – around the maypole on Midsummer.

Next year she will probably have outgrown this dress. But not to worry. There are plenty more vintage patterns where this came from.

I also want to thank everyone who left a comment on my last blog post. I still haven´t figured out how to respond to comments, but any day soon. It´s great to be cheered on.

8 kommentarer:

  1. Nydelig kjole på ei herlig lita frøken!

    SvaraRadera
  2. En flott ehkel kjole som kan pynte ei lita frøken.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Simply wonderful, both the niece and the dress. Greetings from Germany.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Oh! So lovely..... Pray tell, what pattern did you use? Is it available to the public?

    SvaraRadera
  5. Hi Dorothea!

    It was a vintage pattern from a booklet published in the 1930´s - with slight modifications. The pattern was in Swedish, I´m afraid. But thank you for your kind comment.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hi! I just barely saw your response when I dropped by for a visit. Has the copyright on the pattern expired so that you might copy and share it with us? You see, jag kan både läsa, skriva OCH tala Svenska ;)

      Radera
  6. I have now spent some time looking for the pattern and finally found it! But I realize that I have made so many modifications that it can hardly be used as a pattern.
    Instead I have tried to reconstruct how I knitted the dress and I can send my notes (in Swedish) to you if you let me have your email address. Maybe I will testknit it again and publish it, but that may take quite a bit longer.

    SvaraRadera