tisdag 6 november 2012

I Solemnly Swear...

I suspect that we all have our UFO´s. And some of us have more than others. I know that I have my fair share.

But I´m still in a severe state of shock after checking on Ravelry when exactly I started knitting this sweater:

 It was in November almost exactly four years ago.
I would have guessed two or possibly three years – but four!

There were a few problems with the design and that is what made me abandon the poor thing.

Firstly, it was the bottom edge. It kept curling. So I unpicked the bottom row, picked up stitches along the edge and knit a facing that was folded up and sewn into place.
The new picot egde looks a lot neater and it solved the problem with the curling.


Secondly, I had knit one sleeve and had used it as a kind of swatch so the colours were all over the place. 

It also had a problem with curling, so I decided to knit a new sleeve and make the edge in the same way with a facing that could be folded up and sewn into place.


One sleeve is finished and the second sleeve is half done. This photo was taken a little while ago.

Now I only have to figure out how to knit the neck band.
But  I solemnly swear that this sweater shall be finished before the end of this year.
You will be my witnesses.

8 kommentarer:

  1. It's really beautiful! Or it will be very soon. I had trouble with a curling bottom too and undid the border, made a new one, and it still was a little curly. Blocking did away with that, but I like your method better. It seems like the one really sure way to deal with those pesky curls.

    SvaraRadera
  2. It's gorgeous - you must finish!!!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Så fine farger, og mønster :O)

    SvaraRadera
  4. Very nice changes. I think you are rigth that the picot edge is just perfect for that sweater.
    Good progress. I think you'll be finished very soon!

    SvaraRadera
  5. This sweater is so pretty! I can't wait to see it finished!

    SvaraRadera
  6. This must be the most amazing design I have ever seen!! I have been following the progress of this jumper since the first "born to knit" blog (the one on typepad) and I have a picture of the pattern that I look at most nights before falling asleep, dreaming that one day I too will be able to knit something so fabulous (in my dreams, indeed).
    Please please please, put together a book together with your designs!!!!

    SvaraRadera
  7. Me oh my! Säger jag bara :-)

    SvaraRadera
  8. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Knitting Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: knitters, knitting enthusiasts, experts, groups, circles, organizations, etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Knitting Community: http://www.vorts.com/knitting/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    SvaraRadera