söndag 6 maj 2012

With a Little Help From My Friends

After our long weekend in Paris in the beginning of March I have been obsessing about knitting a kind of French beret. And then we went to the cinema and saw the film Hugo Cabret – that showcases an admirable collection of lovely knitted pieces.

So I went home and started working on something that now is a rather odd looking mess of a hat. It is a crossbreed between a French beret and a Scottish tam. Or something.

Eiffel tower included for atmosphere.

But I have to confess that I am not completely happy about how the top bit looks. Should I rip or should I leave it as it is?

I am VERY pernickety so chances are that I will have to try and improve it in some way. But I would nevertheless appreciate some good advice.

While I have been considering what to do about the beret I´ve knit yet another little baby hat. It´s not for my niece this time, but for six-weeks-old Ebba – whose mother loves cats.


But I wasn´t happy with the top of this hat either to start with so it has also suffered a bit of a remake.


Somtimes I think that the knitting process involves a disproportionate amount of swearing and gritting of teeth. 

But once something is finished I´m quite happy to let bygones be bygones and I tell myself that it was a one off. Next time it will all be smooth sailing...






2 kommentarer:

  1. Min franska basker är enfärgat marinblå. Din ser mycket modernare ut. Jag gillar färg! Lycka till med fortsättningen.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Didn't quite follow the above comment! What if I say the same thing? I think the hat has lots of cuteness potential, but I think you won't be able to tell till it is done and blocked. The shape will be the telling thing. So go for it!

    SvaraRadera