måndag 9 april 2012

Good News and Bad News

Okay, the bad news is that I still haven´t darned in all those ends on the mitten that I showed in my last blog post.

The good news is I have finished the neck cowl and blocked it.

The pattern is called Ogee lace and comes from one of Barbara Walter´s books. It´s a cute little lace flower.

The neck cowl would look a lot better photographed on a human being than it does on my foot stool, but the foot stool had to do.

I have also worked on the Hound cardigan for my niece. The first sleeve I made turned out too small, so I decided to pick up stitches along the sleeve hole and knit the sleeves from the top down to make sure they fit.


This way the sleeves will already be attached to the body when they are finished and no extra sewing is needed. And that in turn will increase the chances many times that shw will actually receive her cardigan before she has outgrown it...

But just to be on the safe side I have made it a little bit bigger than what I first intended.
Because – my, how she grows!



Not that I know if I deserved it (after not darning in those ends), but this is what the Easter bunny left for me:


Those are tiny balls of cotton yarn from Svarta Fåret. They look good enough to eat, don´t they?

No 1 on my Ultimate Wish List has always been a swimming pool full of Shetland yarn, but this is close enough, I think.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter!

1 kommentar:

  1. Åh en sån underbart söt kofta! Hon kommer att bli finfin i den. Tack snälla moster Johanne!

    SvaraRadera